Apr 12, 2017
BLESSED SACRAMENT CATHOLIC SCHOOL
“A NATIONAL SCHOOL OF CHARACTER”
ATTENDANCE LINE: (801) 572-0251, please be sure to call the attendance line by 8:00am.
Today we climb to the summit of the Liturgical Year—the Easter Triduum—from the evening of Holy Thursday to the evening of Easter Sunday. Though chronologically three days, they are liturgically one day unfolding for us the unity of Christ’s Paschal Mystery. The single celebration of the Triduum marks the end of the Lenten season, and leads to the Mass of the Resurrection of the Lord at the Easter Vigil. The liturgical services that take place during the Triduum are:
- Mass of the Lord’s Supper
- Good Friday of the Lord’s Passion
- Mass of the Resurrection of the Lord
I pray these three most holy days guide everyone to experience the true joy of Easter !
DID YOU KNOW-
- We start Easter Break tomorrow! See you on Tuesday 4/18.
- The Rice Bowls collected almost $1,500 for Catholic Relief Services!
- ACT Aspire testing continues after Easter break (4/24-5/1) 3rd, 4th & 5th. No studying necessary J Just a good night’s sleep and a healthy breakfast each morning.
- We are here to answer questions! Any time you hear something that you want more information about or concerns you, please call the office or me at 801-572-5311.
- We have a Refer-A-Family Program. If you refer a family and they register their child you are eligible for a cash reward! Tell your friends about our great school.
- Only 10 days till Springfest! Ticket Sales extended to April 16th
We have extended the reservations for Springfest one last time to the 16th. We need about 29 more attendees to make our attendance goal! Thank you to everyone who has already purchased their tickets for Springfest. Your HSA has been extremely busy working to make this event something special. Please consider attending the event. If you cannot attend, please offer to volunteer. There is plenty that needs to be done the morning of the event as well as during. Even if you only have an hour to share, it would be a great help to your committee.
Peace and blessings,
The 2017 Springfest Benefit is approaching and your participation is a crucial component to the success of our children’s benefit
Are you interested in staying at a hotel close to St Thomas More for Springfest? We got you a great $99/night deal for the night of Springfest! https://cottonwood.place.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html?corp_id=G-SACR
*Offer ends April 1st, 2017.
Springfest Volunteers Needed:
- Table Bussers : We are in need of 10 volunteers, 21 years or older, to bus the tables.
- Raffle Ticket/ Runners: 10 High School Students needed to help with Raffle ticket sales, Runners, Disbursements
- Disbursements: 2 Adults Needed to help with disbursements of auction items.
- ** If interested, please email or text Chris Edwards at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 801-824-8758
Buy your raffle tickets to win our Wagon of Spirits at Springfest! Tickets are available in the school office : $10 each or 3/$25.
- HELP WITH OUR SPRINGFEST VIDEO!
We are putting together a video that we will show during the Springfest benefit on April 22, 2017. We need your help! Please send any/all school related photos to Shelley Boldon at email@example.com. Thank you!
Preparations for our first musical have begun! Students are rehearsing and we are looking forward to Thursday, April 27! There is a lot of work that goes into this production and we cannot do it alone. There are tons of volunteer opportunities! It’s a great way to fulfill your hours.
We need helping hands and materials in the following areas: Costumes, Set Building, Theater Make-up, and Lighting.
If you are able to assist and/or donate materials, please contact Mrs. Thomas. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Dear Parents and Community Members,
Help support Blessed Sacrament’s Middle School production of the Jungle Book. Any amount will be helpful to go toward the cost of the production: costuming, set & scenery, lighting, license and show kit for the Disney production. All donations will be greatly appreciated.
Please send your check to Blessed Sacrament School. Indicate in the memo that these monies are for the benefit of the play. Make checks payable to Blessed Sacrament School.
Thank You for Your Support…
Blessed Sacrament Play Committee
CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE AND CALENDAR
Please be sure to continue to check the Blessed Sacrament Calendar on our website www.blessedsacschool.org! We try to keep this updated with the most recent news and events.
Are you interested in welcoming new families to the Blessed Sacrament School Community? If you and your family would like to be a mentor family for our new comers, please reach out to Mary Arndt at email@example.com. This is a fantastic way to earn your volunteer hours and make new friends!
BOX TOPS PARTY
The 5th Grade will be having a Pizza Party on Friday, April 21 to celebrate their Box Top collecting win!!
If you have a 5th grader, please remind them NOT to pack a lunch on this day!
COMMUNITY OF CARING
Community of Caring Club will meet the Thursday after we return from Easter break, April 20, 2017.
The 2017 Book fair will be April 24 – 28. We will be set up before, during, and after the school play on April 27, 2017.
*Click this link to see and download your pictures taken at the Daddy Daughter Barn Dance!
*We will have many open HSA positions for the 17-18 School Year. We will be filling those positions at our May meeting – join us if you are interested in helping out!
*Our next meeting us Tuesday, May 2nd at 7pm in the music room. We have several open positions: Volunteer Coordinator, Treasurer, Morning Events Coordinator, Springfest Chair, and more!
*Important Upcoming Dates
- Parents and Pastries – April 19th @ 7:30am
- Springfest – April 22nd
- Chick-Fil-A Night – April 26th @ 5-7pm
Check out our final newsletter of the year attached below!
The dates for Aspire testing are:
- Middle School (Grades 6,7,8 ): April 3-7. We will use the following week for make-up tests for this group – April 10-12
- Grades 3,4,5: April 25-28 and May 1. There is a field trip scheduled for April 24 so we are starting the test on a Tuesday. Make-up days for this group will be May 2-4.
Please make sure that your child is in attendance (if possible) for all of their test days and that they have had adequate rest and a healthy breakfast!
BOBCAT SUMMER CAMP
We are currently enrolling for Bobcat Summer Camp! The daily rate is $30. Campers will go swimming every Wednesday, hike, go to the local parks, have a monthly movie day, monthly field trip, and a lot of other fun activities! If your child is PK4 – 5th grade, they may attend. Please complete the attached registration form. Camp capacity is 30 students.
LOVE AND LOGIC
More and more really good kids are getting in big trouble with cell phones.
Teachers are pulling their hair out over students who spend more time text messaging than learning. Some students are even using phones to take inappropriate pictures of test answers… and each other!
Teen drivers and cell phones create havoc… and death!
Parents are finding themselves in constant battles with their kids over huge cell phone bills, lost phones, stolen phones, damaged phones, phones being used at the dinner table and during church, phones being taken away at school, etc.
Here are some suggestions:
- Be a good model. Don’t use your phone while driving, and show respect for others by turning it off when you should.
- Let your child know that they can have a phone only when they can pay for the privilege.
- Don’t fall into the trap of believing that your kid has to have a phone for safety reasons.
- If the phone is lost, stolen, or taken away at school, it’s gone. Don’t buy them another.
- Take it away if it becomes a problem.
While this advice may seem old-fashioned, parents who follow it raise far more respectful and responsible kids.
Follow us on FACEBOOK Facebook