August 18, 2017
BLESSED SACRAMENT CATHOLIC SCHOOL
“A NATIONAL SCHOOL OF CHARACTER”
ATTENDANCE LINE: (801) 572-0251, please be sure to call the attendance line by 8:00am.
The start of the school year is always an exciting time. This year, however, we start on a bit of a sad note. Our Beloved Monsignor Bob passed away last week. He was a great priest, a very good man and the founding pastor of our school. In celebration of his life and the 30 years he devoted to our school, we are planning on having our 2nd-8th grade attend his funeral on Thursday at the Cathedral of the Madeline. If you do not wish to have your child attend the funeral, you may keep them home and it will be counted as an excused absence. PK-3 – 1st grade will be at school that day. Little blessings will be open before and after school. The funeral is at 11:00 am. We will leave the school at 9:45 and plan on returning around 2. Permission slips will be handed out tonight at Back to School Night and are available here as an attachment.
DID YOU KNOW:
- All school Mass will be next Wednesday @ 9:00 a.m. You are all welcome to attend.
- Next Saturday 8/26 is the new Parish fundraiser/community event Boomtown BBQ & Musical Jamboree. Please plan on joining the community for great food and music.
- We have a new Lunch Program. Information will be available in the following newsletter. The new program is awesome and we are excited to begin soon after Labor Day. Stay tuned for more information about our start date, etc. Remember to pack a lunch until it starts.
- We need you to volunteer. Lunch is a great opportunity to come and share your time.
- ACT/Aspire test scores came in. We are reviewing the scores and they look good. We will send the individual reports home soon. What talented students we have!
Drop off and pick-up has gone pretty well. Moving on to new grades means getting used to a new spot at drop-off and pick-up. Remember to choose the drop off and pick up of your youngest child. If you have a middle-school student or a 3rd grader, please use the center lane and drive to your drop-off zone. Pk-4 please let the kids out on the passenger side of the car. 4th-8th exit the vehicle on the driver’s side. Make sure you are pulling up close to the curb. As always, please watch your speed. Thank you for your patience as we get used to the drive pattern. The safety of all the kids is out priority.
I hope everyone has a fun weekend.
Peace and blessings,
Bryan Penn, MS.Ed.L
8th Grade Parents, it’s your month to sign up for lunchroom duty! We need your help in the lunchroom for the remainder of August and September. Please go online to the website, click on Volunteers and get your days reserved! If you have questions or concerns please contact the Volunteer Coordinator, Marcella Montemurro.
Coffee & Donuts, after Mass for the month of September is provided courtesy of HSA. Volunteers are needed for every Sunday. Please visit the school website and sign-up. Your help is needed and it’s an opportunity to enjoy the community at Blessed Sacrament Parish.
Room Parents are needed in grades 8, 7, 6, Mrs. Luna’s Kindergarten, PreK3 and PK4. Please contact our HSA Room Parent Coordinator, Erin Bowers at firstname.lastname@example.org. Room parents share in the growth of community spirit and it’s rewarding to be involved with the activities in your student’s class.
IMMUNIZATIONS, BIRTH CERTIFICATES, ETC
If your child is registered, you most likely completed the registration packet. Please make sure that you have submitted a copy of your child’s Immunizations and Birth Certificate to the office.
Early Childhood Development Center
Aide positions are available in the Early Childhood Development Center, both part-time and full-time. Please contact Haley at email@example.com or call her at 801-803-0905.
Picture order forms will be coming home with your student next week. Picture Day is August 30. Blessed Sacrament order code is 18426FF. You can visit Inter-State Studio at inter-state.com/order.
Collect and save BoxTops. Our first collection will be in October. It’s amazing how easily they add up.
- Band is back! Janelle Johnson is beginning a band program for our students. Band will be held after school on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3pm to 4:15pm beginning August 29. Janelle will bring musical instruments to school during lunch and allow students to investigate their musical potential. More information will be available soon.
- Chess Club will start in September. Look for details in following announcements.
- Golf will also begin in September and we will provide information for this as well.
- Karate will begin after school on Wednesday, August 30 and continue on Wednesdays. Kyu Shin Ryu Karate LLC will provide a demonstration of for students at lunch on Wednesday, August 23. More information will be available to students to bring home.
Follow us on FACEBOOK Facebook