September 7, 2017
BLESSED SACRAMENT CATHOLIC SCHOOL
“A NATIONAL SCHOOL OF CHARACTER”
ATTENDANCE LINE: (801) 572-0251, please be sure to call the attendance line by 8:00am.
In today’s gospel Jesus tells Simon to “Put out into deep water and lower your nets for a catch.” Simon said in reply, “Master, we have worked hard all night and have caught nothing, but at your command I will lower the nets.” When they had done this, they caught a great number of fish and their nets were tearing. Luke 5:4-6 They had been fishing all night with no success. We can guess that they were probably DONE—frustrated and tired. But he does what Jesus tells him and catches more then they could handle. Putting out into deep water meant that they were committing fully and deeply to what Jesus was asking of them. Are we willing to fully commit and to follow the directions He gives us?
DID YOU KNOW:
- Hot lunch is available Monday through Thursday! Check out the note below to assure that your child gets a meal. Remember they must be pre-ordered to receive hot lunch.
- On Monday 9/11 all the students will gather in the hall in the morning for a special pledge and prayer to remember Patriot’s Day. Please take a moment on Monday morning to reflect on the sacrifice that has been made for our country and thank a soldier.
- Next week we kick out our Fall fund raiser. Thank you in advance for all of your support.
- Our band program has kicked off this week! Ms. Johnson told me that she is hearing recognizable noise. She also has space available if your child is interested.
- NEW! Archaeology Club started today! We’re really excited about this activity! These activities are very popular, and there is still room for more students. Don’t hesitate to join in.
As we finish up the third week of school, we are grateful for all the support you have shown. Thank you for our lunchtime volunteers! We are well into our routines and the kids are working hard.
Peace and blessings,
Bryan Penn, M.S.Ed.L
Memorial Mass for Msgr. Bob
On Friday, September 15th, at 6:30 pm there will be a Memorial Mass at Blessed Sacrament Church. Following Mass, a Celebration of Msgr. Bob’s life will be held in the Parish Center.
8th grade Confirmation students please register for classes no later than Sunday, September 10th . Include a copy of your Baptismal certificate with your registration forms as well as the fees to cover cost of books and supplies. First day of class is September 10 th in the Parish Hall. Mandatory Confirmation Parents meeting will be held Sunday, September 17 th in the Confirmation Class room.
All Catholic 2nd graders who wish to receive First Communion at Blessed Sacrament please fill out the yellow registration, a copy of Baptismal certificate and fees to cover books and supplies. Forms are due Monday, September 25th . You may turn them in to Ms. Darling or to the Parish Office. Mandatory Parents meeting will be held at the Parish Center Sunday, October 8th in room 1.
Interested in Learning about the Catholic Faith?
Blessed Sacrament’s RCIA (Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults) classes begin on Thursday, September 7 th at 6:45 PM in the Parish Center. If you are interested in learning about the Catholic faith or would like to deepen your knowledge, we would love to have you join us.
St. Anne and St. Joachim were Jesus’ grandparents.
Each month at Blessed Sacrament we will focus on one virtue, one action, and one saint. For the month of September, the virtue will be respect, the action, Grandparent’s Day, and the Saints will be St. Anne and St. Joachim.
On September 21st, we will celebrate Grandparents Day at Blessed Sacrament School. During art class, we will be writing thank you notes and creating gifts for our grandparents to show our love and appreciation for the positive contributions they make in our lives.
Free Family Passes to U of U Women’s Volleyball – stop in at the office and ask for your free pass!
BoxTops Collect and save BoxTops. Our first collection will be in October. It’s amazing how easily they add up.
29th Annual Bulldog Boogie 2017: Friday, September 22
“Blast From the Past”
Calling ALL Youth, ages 5 and up! Come participate in this high-energy, fun event and perform the “Bulldog Boogie” during halftime of the Judge Memorial varsity football game. Judge students from the Dance and Cheer programs serve as choreographers and coaches. Clinics will be held September 19, 20, and 21 from 5-6:30P at Judge Memorial. Halftime performance will be the evening of, Friday, September 22. A registration fee of $30 includes a commemorative Bulldog Boogie T-Shirt. Click Here for details and to register or visit: http://www.judgememorial.com/apps/pages/bulldogboogie
Paderewski Festival – Piano and Chamber Music Competition 2017
Sponsored by the Gifted Music School, this event will celebrate Paderewski’s legacy and keep it alive. Visit this link for more information. https://www.giftedmusicschool.org/paderewski-festival-2017
Community of Caring and Blessed Sacrament School “Buddies”
Community of Caring is taking a new route this year. Instead of having an after school club, we are going to involve the entire student body. We are ALL a Community of Caring. We are going to merge the Community of Caring and Buddies together. Community of Caring Buddies will usually meet on the first Friday of every month from 10:30-11:00. Our first Community of Caring Buddies meeting will be next Friday, September 15th and the planned activity is “Poppies for Peace.”
Mad Science is coming! Fun and creative educational activities are planned for every student who joins. Register your student today! Secret Agent Lab begins Monday, September 25th.
Chess Club will help students to develop effective strategy and strengthen problem-solving skills. And, it’s fun! Sign-Up online today. Questions? Email email@example.com or call Matt at 801-589-4279.
Inmotion Jr. Golf begins at Blessed Sacrament on Wednesday, September 27th. Sign-up online here. Putting, chipping, fundamentals of the golf swing, etiquette, and much more will be covered during the five-week program.
Chorus begins after school on Wednesday, October 25th. Return the Permission Slip with registration fee with your 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th grader today.
Volleyball Sign-Up has been extended! Registration is being held open today and tomorrow. Please sign-up online today!
Middle School Dance: 7th and 8th Graders are invited to J.
- Coffee and Donuts after Mass needs volunteers. Help is needed at 8:30am. This is a great way to meet your fellow parishioners and have fun while you help. Sign-up today!
- Ice Cream Social will be held September 14th and is need of volunteers. What a sweet opportunity! Sign up today!
- 8th Grade Lunchroom Duty is the month of September. Please look online for a date that suits you. We need you!
Grandparents and Grandfriends Day needs many people to ensure success. Please sign-up for this amazing experience. Volunteering for Grandparents Day brings new friends and honors many long-standing friendships. Spend the day with our grandparents! It’s a lovely gift to yourself and to the school.
Calling all Superheroes!
The BSCS 2017 Superhero Fall Fundraiser kicks off September 14th and ends September 28th. We had such amazing success last year – over $27,000 was raised to benefit our students at BSCS. Just like last year, our 2017 Fall Fundraiser is a crowdfunding competition with great prizes and rewards for everyone who participates! Parents will be emailed individual donation page links for their students which can be shared across social media. More shares = more money for our students! Watch your email for more information!
We need volunteers to help make this a success!
- Due to scheduling issues we have changed the BBQ to an Ice Cream Social, we apologize for any inconveniences
- Superhero Ice Cream Social Sept 14th. – We are looking for volunteers to set up, distribute ice cream and clean. Sign-up here!
- Super Hero Fun Run Sept 29th – We are looking for volunteers to set up, supervise children, count laps, clean up, etc. Sign-Up here!
(Utah Community Action apologizes for unanticipated difficulties in delivery times. Refunds have been given for lunches ordered for the date of September 6th. Thank you for your understanding as we navigate new procedures for the Blessed Sacrament Lunch Program.)
We are excited to share a healthy lunch offering from Utah Community Action for Blessed Sacrament School. When ordering, be sure to note the First and Last Name of your student, as well as their Grade in the box stating “Add additional note to merchant (optional).” This has caused some confusion because it is not optional. Please use this box to direct lunch to your student by adding the name and grade of each student you are purchasing lunch for. It is important to specify “Double” if your student requests the larger lunch option. All orders must be completed online by midnight the night before to receive a lunch, or to request a lunch be canceled. If you know your student will not attend school the next day, please visit Blessed Sacrament School Lunch Program before midnight to make changes.
- Monday, September 11th – Beef Taco Meat, Whole Wheat Tortilla, Lettuce, Tomato, Orange and Milk
- Tuesday, September 12th – Tuna Salad, Whole Wheat Bun, Celery, Sun Butter, Apple and Milk
- Wednesday, September 13th – Vegetarian Chili, Whole Wheat Bread stick, Peppered Cauliflower, Cantaloupe and Milk
- Thursday, September 14th – BBQ Chicken, Whole Wheat Bun, Peas and Carrots, Pear and Milk
- Friday, September 15th – Bring a lunch, please.
Follow us on FACEBOOK Facebook