September 28, 2017
BLESSED SACRAMENT CATHOLIC SCHOOL
“A NATIONAL SCHOOL OF CHARACTER”
ATTENDANCE LINE: (801) 572-0251, please be sure to call the attendance line by 8:00am.
This nice Autumn Prayer stuck with me as I was enjoying the cool morning air.
God of all seasons, we thank you for Autumn.
We thank you
for the touch of coolness in the air that gives us a new burst of energy,
for the coloring of trees that shows the creativity of the Divine Artist,
for the falling leaves that reveal the strength of the branches,
for the hues of fields that bring peace to our souls,
for the smiles on pumpkins that bring joy to children,
for the fall harvest which that brings us gratitude for the bounty of our land,
for this change of seasons that reveals the circle of life.
God of all seasons, as you transform the earth, transform us by your Spirit.
– Doug Leonhardt, S.J.
DID YOU KNOW-
- Our community continually amazes me! We are nearing the end of another SUPER successful fundraiser. Your continued support makes it possible for us to provide the high quality education for which we are known. We have exceeded our goal and we still have 8 hours left!! We have the potential to beat last years totals! We will announce the total tomorrow after the fun run!!! You are all Super-Heroes!! (Participation as of 8am today – Percentages have climbed higher during the day!)
- Each year I get reports from both Judge Memorial and Juan Diego about the successes of our graduates. The lists of colleges and universities they attend are impressive. We are all very grateful for the partnership we have with our high schools and very proud of how well prepared our graduates are for their futures.
- Today our 5th graders joined in with our middle-schoolers and did a few hours of service around our campus! The “dug-in” and weeded/cleaned most of the flower beads and the garden! They did an awesome job!! Thank you for your service5th -8th( and their teachers!)
- We still need volunteers in the lunchroom and we also have a couple of paid position available at lunch. See below.
- We are going to do the Flu Shot Clinic again this year. The date will be Oct 27th. More details to come.
Huge thank you to our HSA! We can not do wht we do without their support. Please take a moment and thank your HSA members. If you love what they do ask them how you can help J
Looking forward to a busy October!
Peace and blessings,
Bryan Penn, M.S.Ed.L
All Catholic 2nd graders who wish to receive First Communion at Blessed Sacrament please fill out the yellow registration, a copy of Baptismal certificate and fees to cover books and supplies. Forms are due Monday, September 25th . You may turn them in to Ms. Darling or to the Parish Office. Mandatory Parents meeting will be held at the Parish Center Sunday, October 8th in room 1.
Canned and Boxed Non-perishable food items
will be collected starting Friday, Sept. 29th. Boxes will be available in the front hall for collections.
USED UNIFORM SALE RESULTS:
The used uniform sale in July was a HUGE success. The used uniform sale accomplishes two great outcomes:
- 1. Families can purchase uniforms at a great price, and
- 2. The sale of donated uniforms earns the HSA and our school money.
The sale earned almost $900 this year. Additionally, the voucher system experiment demonstrated a better value for our families:
- The average value of vouchers from donated uniforms was $50
- 90% of vouchers were spent at the sale
- The average amount of money received by families selling with the old envelope system was only $28
Moving forward the Used Uniform Sale will use the voucher system only. To increase the value of the voucher system to our Blessed Sacrament families, vouchers won’t expire, and can be used year over year.
Thank you for your support of the Used Uniform Sale! Watch for more information on Used Uniform availability through the year!
Substitute Teachers Needed –
If you are interested in helping support the teaching staff and Blessed Sacrament School by being available to substitute in any of our classrooms, please visit or call the office at 801-572-5311. A teaching certificate is not required.
Two paid positions available in the Lunchroom.
If you, or someone you know, family, friends, is available daily between the hours of10:45am and 12:45pm, please call us at 801-572-5311. This is a wonderful opportunity to be a part of your student’s day. (Pardon us! we posted the hours incorrectly last week.)
Boosters and Car Seats –
Utah law states that children under the age of 8 must ride in a vehicle with a car seat or booster placed in rear seating. While not illegal, it is RECOMMENDED that children under the age of 12 ride in back seating of the vehicle. To ensure the safety of every student, please check that family members and authorized persons for pick-up adhere to Utah State Law. https://www.dmv.org/ut-utah/
Free Family Passes to U of U Women’s Volleyball
– Stop in at the office and ask for your free pass! Tell your student to ask for them in the office as well.
It’s Box Tops for Education drive time! Please check the pantry and send them in with your child next week in an envelope or baggie. No need to tape to sheets! Those .10¢ Tops add up fast when we all participate! Thank you!
Come join us at Chick-Fil-A
Next Wednesday from 5:00pm to 7:00pm for an easy dinner and great opportunity to be a part of the amazing Blessed Sacrament community!
Paderewski Festival – Piano and Chamber Music Competition 2017
Sponsored by the Gifted Music School, this event will celebrate Paderewski’s legacy and keep it alive. Visit this link for more information.
Art Club for 4th – 8th grade is starting again! Students will explore new art forms, mediums and create art that cannot be worked on in a normal class period. Come join the fun!
We will meet Tuesdays (see dates below) after school from 3-4. Please pick-up children promptly at 4pm. After 4pm your children will be enrolled in Little Blessings.
Please submit the form with a check made out to Blessed Sacrament School for $20. Space is limited to 12 students.
Dates for Art Club are: 10/17/17, 10/31/17, 11/14/17, 11/28/17, 12/12/17, 12/19/17
ARE YOU READY TO BE A GIRL SCOUT?
Join us Thursday, October 5th at 7:00pm in the Blessed Sacrament Music Room for an informative meeting on joining Girl Scouts. Please bring an adult or guardian. Girl Scouts builds girls of courage, confidence, and character.
Chorus begins after school on Wednesday, October 25th. Return the Permission Slip with registration fee with your 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th grader today.
Still curious about….Musical Instruments? Karate? Band? Asbestos? Soccer? Mad Science? inmotion Jr. Golf? Chess Club? Follow the links for information.
We’ve reached our goal of $20,000 and gone beyond! And there’s still time to earn a free dress day for your grade! The grades with 75% student participation get this coveted day! Just one donation helps! See results from this morning here.
Some grades are super close!
Fundraiser officially ends Thursday, September 28th at 10pm!!!! Remember, 100% of your contributions are going directly to BSCS and will make a huge impact on our students. Thank you!
· Go to BSCS.schoolfundster.com for more information and to find your student’s donation.
Superhero Fun Run will take place Friday September 29th at 9:45 am!
Pre-K 4 too! Students may wear a Superhero t-shirt to school or a shirt in our school colors (purple/teal). Don’t forget to wear tennis shoes!
· Prizes will be awarded after the Fun Run!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or to volunteer.
- Super Hero Fun Run Sept 29th – We are looking for volunteers to set up, supervise children, count laps, clean up, etc. Sign-Up here!
Judge Memorial Fall Music Concert: Thursday, October 12
Judge Memorial Catholic High School invites you to attend the Annual Fall Music concert on Thursday, October 12, 2017 at 7:00 p.m. in the Judge Auditorium. The performing groups are Concert Choir, Jazz Band, Concert Band, and Orchestra. There will be something for every musical palette and the very talented Judge Memorial students will be serving up some fun surprises! The concert is free, but donations are encouraged and appreciated. Visit http://www.judgememorial.com/
BULLDOG NATION – Catholic Schools Night! October 13 FREE Spaghetti Dinner & FREE Admission to Judge Memorial Football Game For ALL Catholic School Students AND their Families!
Judge Memorial is inviting ALL Catholic School Students and their Families to come cheer on the JMCHS Football team as they take on Carbon High School on Friday, October 13 at 7P.
A FREE Spaghetti Dinner in the Judge Memorial cafeteria will be served prior to the game from 6-7P.
(Entrance at the southwest corner of the cafeteria) Judge Memorial Catholic High School is located at 650 South 1100 East, SLC 84102.
Halftime events to include Catholic School Challenge for the Catholic School with the largest attendance recognized at half time. Bring your friends! Bring your Family! Show your school spirit!
Visit us at judgememorial.com
Enjoy a healthy lunch offering from Utah Community Action for Blessed Sacrament School. When ordering, be sure to note the First and Last Name of your student, as well as their Grade. Specify “Double” if your student requests a second lunch. Totals will reflect the number of lunches you have ordered. All orders must be completed online by midnight the night before to receive a lunch, or to request a lunch be canceled. If you know your student will not attend school the next day, please visit Blessed Sacrament School Lunch Program before midnight to make changes.
Friday, October 6th – Bring a lunch, please.
Follow us on FACEBOOK Facebook