Apr 20, 2017
BLESSED SACRAMENT CATHOLIC SCHOOL
“A NATIONAL SCHOOL OF CHARACTER”
ATTENDANCE LINE: (801) 572-0251, please be sure to call the attendance line by 8:00am.
Easter is not just a day. It is a 50 day long celebration that begins with Easter Sunday and goes until the feast of Pentecost. This is an opportunity to celebrate Christ’s resurrection daily. Each Sunday we proclaim the good news. Make this 1/7th of the year a joy filled time.
“Alleluia! Christ is risen. He is risen indeed. Alleluia!”
DID YOU KNOW-
- Field Day 5/25 is an early dismissal day? It didn’t clearly say that on our calendar but it is a 1pm dismissal.
- We are excited to again partner with the university of Portland’ PACE program. Ms. Kealey Johnson will be teaching 4th grade next year, as she works on completing a Master’s Degree in Education.
- ACT Aspire testing continues next week (4/24-5/1) 3rd, 4th & 5th. No studying necessary J Just a good night’s sleep and a healthy breakfast each morning.
- We are here to answer questions! Any time you hear something that you want more information about or concerns you, please call the office or me at 801-572-5311.
- We have a Refer-A-Family Program. If you refer a family and they register their child you are eligible for a cash reward! Tell your friends about our great school.
- Only 2 days till Springfest!
SPRINGEST is here!!!! This year’s event will be something special. I hope to see many of you there as we go “Back to the 80s.” Can you believe that our school began 30 years ago?! Monsignor Bob, Sr. Barbara & Sr. Sharon certainly planted some very fertile seeds.
Peace and blessings,
We can’t wait to see you there, but remember….
- Online bidding is open to EVERYONE!
- We have wonderful silent auction items and baskets. Looking for a great birthday present? Graduation gift? Anniversary gift? Or something special for you or your loved ones?
- Visit https://mobilebid.greatergiving.com/r/index.php?sl=bscs2017&s=&cat=&strt=100
- Share this link with friends and family.
- Bidding is open to EVERYONE –not just Springfest attendees.
Bring your ID to Springfest. If you are planning on drinking alcohol, you must show your ID.
Our fabulous production of The Jungle Book is NEXT WEEK! Please plan to attend and see what our middle school, chorus, choir and talented staff have been working on! The play starts at 6:30 in the gym. See you there!!
Dear Parents and Community Members,
Help support Blessed Sacrament’s Middle School production of the Jungle Book. Any amount will be helpful to go toward the cost of the production: costuming, set & scenery, lighting, license and show kit for the Disney production. All donations will be greatly appreciated.
Please send your check to Blessed Sacrament School. Indicate in the memo that these monies are for the benefit of the play. Make checks payable to Blessed Sacrament School.
Thank You for Your Support…
Blessed Sacrament Play Committee
CALIFORNIA PIZZA KITCHEN BENEFIT NIGHT
Today, April 20th, all day long Parishioners, School Families, Friends can make use of the attached certificate at the California Pizza Kitchen restaurant at the Fashion Place Mall for dine in, take out, curbside, online and catering orders. By presenting the certificate/flyer Blessed Sacrament will realize 20% of all sales throughout the day. This is a great deal, as patrons will get a great meal and the Parish potentially gets a sizable donation. 20% is unheard of at other equivalent establishments.
The folks at California Pizza Kitchen are great supporters of Blessed Sacrament and we hope to fill their restaurant all day today.
The 2017 Book fair will be April 24 – 28. We will be set up before, during, and after the school play on April 27, 2017.
We could use Volunteers to help with the Book Fair that will be running during the Jungle Book. If you are interested, please contact Tim Malone in the library at firstname.lastname@example.org
5th GRADE BOX TOPS PARTY
The 5th Grade will be having a Pizza Party tomorrow to celebrate their Box Tops victory! Please do not send a lunch with your 5th grader.
- We will have many open HSA positions for the 17-18 School Year. We will be filling those positions at our May meeting – join us if you are interested in helping out!
- Our next meeting us Tuesday, May 2nd at 7pm in the music room. We have several open positions: Volunteer Coordinator, Treasurer, Morning Events Coordinator, Springfest Chair, and more!
- Important Upcoming Dates
- Springfest – April 22nd
- Chick-Fil-A Night – April 26th @ 5-7pm
Check out our final newsletter of the year attached below!
CHIK FIL A NIGHT
Wednesday April 26 from 5-7 pm at Chik Fil A we will have Mrs. Mullholand, Mrs. Benchoff and Mrs. Pickers available to answer questions regarding the 2017-2018 Kindergarten class. Come and visit with the Blessed Sacrament Community and use this opportunity to address any questions you may have!
The dates for Aspire testing are:
- Grades 3,4,5: April 25-28 and May 1. There is a field trip scheduled for April 24 so we are starting the test on a Tuesday. Make-up days for this group will be May 2-4.
Please make sure that your child is in attendance (if possible) for all of their test days and that they have had adequate rest and a healthy breakfast!
MIDDLE SCHOOL NEWS
- May 1@ 2pm: Annual 8th Graders vs. Faculty Volleyball Game in the gym. Parents are welcome!!
- May 4 from 9-10:20: 7th graders will be presenting an African Cultural Fair. 7th grade parents are invited to attend.
- May 12 from 6-7:30: Middle School Film Festival. Check out the attached information.
CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE AND CALENDAR
Please be sure to continue to check the Blessed Sacrament Calendar on our website www.blessedsacschool.org! We try to keep this updated with the most recent news and events.
Are you interested in welcoming new families to the Blessed Sacrament School Community? If you and your family would like to be a mentor family for our new comers, please reach out to Mary Arndt at email@example.com. This is a fantastic way to earn your volunteer hours and make new friends!
BOBCAT SUMMER CAMP
We are currently enrolling for Bobcat Summer Camp! The daily rate is $30. Campers will go swimming every Wednesday, hike, go to the local parks, have a monthly movie day, monthly field trip, and a lot of other fun activities! If your child is PK4 – 5th grade, they may attend. Please complete the attached registration form. Camp capacity is 30 students.
Follow us on FACEBOOK Facebook
hsa newsletter spring 2017
California Pizza Kitchen April 20